CMBC is happy to announce a new partnership with the Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club and the City of Whitehorse to open up Snowbike Trails with-in the Mt. MacIntyre area.
In order to make this partnership a success we are asking everyone to follow the guidelines:
- All riders must be a member of the Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club (WCCSC), or the Contagious Mountain Bike Club (CMBC). If you are not a member of either organization, please purchase a day pass from the WCCSC Ski Base.
- If you would like to use the MT. McIntyre Recreational Center and its amenities (including sauna, washrooms, etc…) please purchase a day pass OR be a member of WCCSC.
- Purpose built snow bikes only! Both tires must be wider than 3.7”. Absolutely no regular mountain bikes.
- Snowbikes should yield to skiers at all crossings.
- Stay on Snowbike designated trails. DO NOT ride on any ski trails. Ski trails should only be crossed in order to access singletrack.
- Singletrack trails are located in a non-dog area of the WCCSC. Please do not bring your dog snowbiking at Mt. McIntyre. If you have a dog, we recommend using the Copper Ridge Ridge Trail, Quickie, or Grey Mountain trails.
- When crossing ski trails, stay on your bike. Do not walk across ski trails, this will leave punctures. Do not stop on ski trails. If you are waiting for colleagues, please wait on the singletrack.
- All trails are bi-directional. Keep your eyes and ears open for users that may be travelling towards you.
- If you are leaving a rut deeper than an inch, having a hard time riding in a straight line, or pushing your bike, the snow is too soft and you absolutely should not be biking on the trails.
- Be an ambassador for the sport – stay polite, educate other bikers, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, and we’ll all have a good time this winter.
To Access Trails:
- Start in the Dirt Park
- Climb up through the Dirt Park
- Turn RIGHT on Olympic, stay on the OUTSIDE of the ski tracks.
- Look to your LEFT there is a singletrack that cuts past the stunts. Cross onto that singletrack
- Climb towards the 5 km (you will be parallel to Nighthawk)
- Cross the 5 km
- Climb on either singletrack (left is more gradual than right)
- Cross the 7.5 km
- Continue on any of the many options with-in this area of trails, including Lower/Upper Rocky Canyon, Lichen It, etc.
- You can stay on any trail, but do NOT cross or ride on any other ski trails.
Access to/from Collective:
If you are accessing Collective, please use EXTREME CAUTION due to Bridge
- When entering Collective, cross the 7.5 km Trail. Stay on the OUTSIDE of the ski trails and go directly to the Collective entrance.
- When exiting Collective, say on the OUTSIDE of the ski trails, and cross the 7.5 km Trail at the Rocky Canyon entrance.