We encourage all of our members to be the eyes and ears for the city trail crew as well as an extra set of hands. Participating is easy and it’s a great way to contribute to the trails you ride. After all, building and riding comes with stewardship responsibility. When you ride, take a pair of garden snippers and a folding saw with you, and simply do the following:
* Clear any deadfall or blowdown that is blocking the trail
* Place any cleared deadfall to the side of the trail and, where applicable, place to block off any “ride around” routes that may have formed so that the singletrack stays single!
* Trim back any vegetation that is encroaching on the trail corridor
* Make note of any significant drainage or erosion issues and their location
* Pack out any litter
* Check for any missing or damaged signage
Thanks to all users for doing trail maintenance! If you have up to date trail conditions for any trails, please leave a post on the ‘CMBC Yukon’ facebook page or contact CMBC’s Director of Trails. Remember to be patient with the trails as they dry out each spring; let’s minimize unnecessary damage by only riding those that are ready to go and staying off those that aren’t.