1. 2019 – A year to remember
- More members than any other year (+ 350)
- More participation to events and Dirt Girls rides (+800 attendees)
- More trail maintenance building nights than ever before (7 events)
We are so proud of the biking community here in Whitehorse. THANK YOU!
2. $4900 in donation
Did you know that we are giving back to the community? This year, we have been able to donate more than ever before to some cool biking initiatives listed below.
- $1900 to support Single Track To Success projects
- $3000 towards work on the Grey Mountain “Dream” trail project
3. Call-Out for NEW CMBC Board members/ AGM in November
- Trail Director
- Communication Director, and
- 2 Directors at Large
4. We wouldn’t be here without them…..Our sponsors!
See you at the AGM in November!
1. Become a 2019 CMBC Member
Even if we have a high level of popularity on our post Facebook and our events, less bikers bought a membership this year than the 2 previous years. Support the biking community! For more info: 2019 Membership. Memberships are only $15 and are good for: races, recreational events, group rides, advocacy, trail-building and maintenance, discounts from sponsors, skills classes etc…and YES you have discounts to local businesses and Sacred Rides!
2. Volunteers needed- Gravity Skills Clinics and Dirt Girls
3. *New* Trail Maintenance Boot Camp. May 28-30
CMBC, in partnership with the City of Whitehorse will be holding a Trail maintenance Bootcamp May 28 to 30th at Mount Mac. The objective will be to present some theory and practical skills for building and maintaining trails according to accepted City standards. If you have an interest in contributing to trail building or trail maintenance, this camp is for you. Sessions will run from 6:00-9:30PM every night. For more information, visit the Facebook event
4. Pump n’ Jump Session- FUNraiser/OpenHouse Wednesday June 5
5. Shred Hard Nights – Spots available – Thursday, June 6
Next June 6, 5:30 to 7:30PM, join Dylan Sherrard for an evening of riding on the Riverdale trails that first inspired him to chase a career in mountain biking. This skills clinic is target for begineer to intermediate level riders, ages 10 to 15. We’ll go on a tour of Dylan’s favorite trails while practicing our cornering skills and overall bike posture. Dylan will also collect some images of riders so that everyone has a few memories of our sessions. 30$ More info can be found here: https://cmbcyukon.ca/shred-hard-youth-weeknight-sessions/
6. Trail Maintenance Nights 2019
Join us next June 12th, July 14th and August 10th 2019- Bring your glove and smile, we cover the tools and refreshments! We will provide updates on the trail chosen/evenings soon. For more information, visit the Facebook Event.
7. Bike Biathlon- Try something new this July
Every Wednesday night of July, we’ll be riding four short (~2.5km) laps with three rounds of shooting each night. In true biathlon fashion, you will have to ride penalty loops for each target missed. Unlike normal biathlon, the rifles will be left at the shooting stations between laps and not carried on the course. CMBC members only 10$ per admission/night. Rifles and ammunition will be provided by the club! For more information, visit the Facebook Event.
8. Klondike Krankfest, Sponsored by Icycle Sport – July 13-14
When we first thought up the idea for Klondike Krankfest, we wanted to throw a party. We wanted a full festival experience. We wanted entry to expert-level skills clinics. We wanted it all. But over the last month or so, we’ve come to the conclusion that Klondike Krankfest needs to be scaled back. Despite a successful bike garage sale earlier this spring, unforeseen risks that could put our club in financial trouble have arisen. Some of these risks are out of CMBC’s control. As a result, our board decided to trim Klondike Krankfest down.
We will still host an awesome mountain biking event, but instead of a party, we will focus on providing skills clinics and a fun racing event. We’ve have had so much demand for skills clinics this year, we wanted to give you the best – and we have.
Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Advanced Skills Clinic – Youth: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 8 Hours of Krankfest: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 14, 2019
- Advanced Skills Clinic – Adult: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More info can be found here and soon on Facebook
Have a great summer everyone!