December 21 @ 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
5+HOL Fat Bike Festival is on Saturday, December 21st this year!
Riding Starts: 10:00am (sunrise)
Riding Ends: 3:45pm (sunset)
Come out for all or part of the day.
Race solo, or as a team (8 max)
Same concept at 24HOL – but in the winter, on snow, with fatbikes – ride as many laps as you can.
Course Route: This is a fun (approx) 10km loop of nicely packed Wolf Creek trails starting and finishing at the campground.
The course will be flagged for race day.
Potluck: Please bring a dish to share https://volunteersignup.org/3JCA4
Hot Drinks: Coffee & hot chocolate will be provided
Rest: We’ll be heating up the cook shelter and a wall tent to keep you all warm!
$10 for CMBC Members
$20 for Non-CMBC Members
CMBC Membership Info
• We’re looking for some volunteers to bring firewood. Bring an armful if you can!
• Please bring reusable dishes/cutlery for your meal. We have limited paper plates and want to encourage planet loving habits going forward.
• Please bring your own mug for the hot drinks.
• We will have Klondike Kranfest GSI Travel Mugs available for sale – $30
• Parking might be limited so we’re encouraging people to carpool if you can.
• Please leave your better half (dog) at home
• Cash only entry ($10 for 2019 CMBC Members, $20 for 2019 Non-CMBC Members)
• There will be a -25C Weather Cut Off
December 23, 2019 Update & Results
What a success this years’ 5+ Hours of Light Fat Bike Festival was!
Great conditions, awesome people, huge efforts and big smiles.
In total, there were 78 riders.
214 laps, which is 1,926 kms total.
That’s pretty impressive.
Thank you Ruth and your partner.
Next time you see a Yukon Parks employee, thank them for the hard work they put into taking care of our gems like Wolf Creek Campground.
HUGE THANK YOU to Jim Hawkins for setting, grooming, tree clearing, tweaking, and pre-ride inspecting the course for us over the many weeks prior to the event.
Gold star CMBC Membership for Jim.
We feel 2019 was VERY successful and we aim to make 2020 a good start to the next decade.